Saturday 31 July 2010

Rafting the Nile!


25/07/2010
I’ve come to Jinja this weekend, which is a couple of hours ride from Kampala by Matatu. I’m staying in a hostel and the whole place is really chilled out compared to Kampala. It’s really nice to get away from the craziness for a few days. Yesterday, my friend, Maja and I went rafting, here on the Nile is an amazing place to go white water rafting because there is a huge volume of water which makes really amazing grade five rapids and amazing waves. The Rafting was amazing and the we also spent a lot of time flipped up and swimming, however we also negotiated a lot of the really crazy rapids successfully as well! Today we have just chilled out and paid to go to hotel pool near where we are staying, we also went down to the Bujagali falls to watch today’s rafters go through. I am quite a glad I didn’t do that before as standing on the rocks at the side actually makes it look a lot scarier than when you on the river. We watched lots of rafts go through and a few flip! Tonight its back to Kampala for some last minute rushing around interviewing before heading out to Fort Portal on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment