Tuesday 13 July 2010

Pre-departure

Its been an interesting 24hrs or so. The tragic incident of the twin terroist bombings in Kampala have obviously meant that I have had to check with various people and agencies that it is still a good idea for me to go. However things seemed to have calmed down and the advice seems to be positive.

I was also relieved to hear that all my fellow students in Uganda were also fine as well and accounted for. So all there is left for me to do is go and fetch my currency, sort out my international driving license and fit everything in my bag.

I have various people to meet in Kampala and interview before heading out to Fort Portal to conduct some interviews with school head teachers and chase some issues up for the RDF.

1 comment:

  1. Lizzy, I hope you having a great time - you seem to be! Definitely a great experience by the sounds of it - very jealous! No doubt you'll have stories to tell for years to come. Keep safe and be great to see you when you get back xxx

    ReplyDelete